Brothers and Sisters in Christ ! June 2, 2020
We are going to Worship together at the church! Beginning June 7, 2020 we will offer one service at 9:30 A.M. in the Family Life Center. Our plan is to meet every Sunday in this manner until further guidelines are available. We are so excited to get to sing and praise our God together once again!
As you might imagine your safety and health are our first priority in meeting together. For those reasons worship will look a little different and important guidelines are necessary for us to begin to restore our ability to gather. We know you expect nothing less and thank you in advance for participating graciously. Here are the guidelines for the near future.
- Any persons known to have had any contact with known COVID-19 confirmed cases should self-quarantine for the period recommended by the CDC and not attend in-person services.
- Individuals who are ill or have fevers should not attend. Please contact us and we will arrange a personal prayer time for you.
- If you are a high-risk individual, please be advised to prayerfully consider whether you should even attend the in-person service. Be prudent.
- Prior to every in-person service, the facility will be sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer will be available. Please use at your discretion.
- ENTER THROUGH THE FAMILY LIFE CENTER MAIN ENTRANCE ONLY. All other entrances are to be secured.
- There is now reduced seating for in-person worship services. (100 Person Capacity). We will be worshiping in the Family Life Center. Be advised to arrive early: when the facility reaches the maximum capacity, we will not be able to go over those guidelines.
- We are discouraging any physical contact including hugs, handshakes, and fist-bumps.
- Cohabitating family units may sit closer together as a group, but otherwise social distancing should be used.
- Non-cohabiting congregants are encouraged to remain at least 6 feet apart before, during, and after the worship service.
- Be advised to wash all clothing following any in-person services.
- Kids Ministries and Sunday School classes will not be available at the church at this time.
- Coffee, food, or drinking fountains will not be available. Bottled water will be available upon request.
- Communion elements will not be passed around. If you would like to participate in communion elements, please bring your own with you
- Offering plates will also not be passed. Offering boxes/plates will be available for your convenience.
- Masks are required. Gloves are optional.
- You will be ushered out by row after service. Please follow the appropriate usher.
For those who are unable to join us in-person, we will continue to offer ‘livestream’ services ‘on-line’ in Facebook Live and YouTube as before.
We know it is a bit daunting to think we need to do or not do all these things as we begin to begin again. In I Chronicles 12:32 we see the leaders of Israel preparation in working together to serve their Lord. They were “men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do”.
We are beyond anxious to see you all.
Loving you always,
Lead Pastor, Riverton Christian Church